Everyone dreams of making more money and becoming rich. But the question is how, as doing just one job cannot fulfil all the expenses in today’s time. People have to seek various ways of making more money by working on weekends, doing a job at a restaurant on weekends and whatnot.
But here we have a comfortable and straightforward way for you to earn money. With the help of this method, you can work whenever you want, and wherever you want at your convenience. Wondering what it is? Affiliate marketing. It is one of the best ways of earning passive income as for 99% of people; affiliate marketing is how they got started.
How to Make Money through Affiliate Marketing for Beginners
Affiliate marketing is all about making money. It is a method of earning a commission by promoting other companies’ s/people’s products or services. You can look for a product which you like or have an interest in, promote it to others and you can earn money based on the sale of each product.
Affiliate marketing is about revenue sharing, as if you have any product and wish to increase its sale, then you need to offer financial incentives to promoters; thus way both of you can earn.
In fact, it is one of the cheapest and easiest methods of marketing because you would not need to create and sell a product. You only need to enable a linked connection between buyer and seller and take the commission if the product is sold.
It’s not that easy as it might sound to you, it needs a little time to understand it and then only you should commence with it. Yes, you can make good passive income from affiliate marketing even when you sleep.
Even if you are new to it, in this post, you will get to know all the information that is required for using affiliate marketing.
Different companies use different payment terms as per their work and products that they sell. Various payment terms used in affiliate programs are-
1. Pay Per Click (PPC) – In this, you get paid based on the count of visitors redirected by the affiliate site to the advertiser’s website.
2. Pay Per Sale (PPS) – In this method, you get paid when the buyer purchases the product. You get a fixed percentage of commission by the advertiser when the product is sold.
3. Pay Per Lead (PPL) – This is different from the methods mentioned above as, on this, you would get money when the visitor would provide their contact information on the website of the advertiser.
Benefits of becoming an Affiliate Marketer
The list of the advantages of becoming an affiliate marketer is endless. Here we have mentioned some of the significant benefits for you:
1. Zero Investment– One of the best things is that it is free of cost and involves zero investment. Marketing a product online is comparatively cheaper; hence the business functioning is cost-effective because the product was manufactured by someone else.
2. No customer support– As you did not create the product, you would not need any customer support for tracking the order, checking for the stock, storage, and deliveries. All this will be handled by the seller if required.
3. Passive Income- If you are already working and have a fixed income coming every month, you can continue with affiliate marketing. The reason behind it is that you can work as per your convenience; in fact, you can earn from it even when you are not online.
4. Global Market- By working from home, you can reach out to a lot of people globally and earn a handsome amount of money every month. The great thing is that you are working comfortably from home and you need not go to the office if you become an affiliate marketer.
5. Performance-based income- You can take this in both ways, positive or negative. If you are excellent in online marketing and campaigns, then it can add to your work, and you would be able to earn a massive amount of money if you invest time in it.
These were some of the fantastic benefits of becoming an affiliate marketer. It is one of the fastest-growing marketing techniques on the internet, so it has a vast demand and possibilities of earning well. Now, let us understand how does affiliate marketing work.
Step by step process of Affiliate Marketing
It is a straightforward process, but it takes time to know as every new thing seems complicated when you start. So the first thing you do is to recommend a product/service to your followers, then your followers might buy that product using your affiliate link, and then you get paid for it. This is the process of becoming a marketer.
But if you have skills in you, then you should try to set up your own business. Here are a few steps which can help you set up a business successfully.
Developing your Affiliate Marketing Business
Here are a few steps that you should consider while setting up your own affiliate marketing business:
#1. Find your Niche
Selecting a particular niche is a real tough job of starting your own business. It is vital to choose a niche as it helps in giving focus to your company and help you with the content and targeting the potential customers.
To make things easy, while choosing a niche you should ask the following questions to yourself as you would get the answers quickly-
- What are your passions? – Think about your desires as whatever thing you are affectionate about; you would have more knowledge of it. This makes it comparatively easier for creating the content.
- Is that topic vast? You should always check if the topic is big enough that around 100 blog posts can be created. If the answer is no, then you might have difficulty with SEO or developing authority.
- See if the niche has too many competitors- If you see that the niche is already oversaturated. There is no room for another affiliate then think of some other niche. If there are already many people trying to compete with each other and have been there for a while, then there is no point putting your foot in that work
- Is that business profitable? Check if there is money in that niche. As it is a significant thing for which you are doing this business. So choose wisely after considering all the aspects
Once you select your niche and are sure about it, then comes the next step.
#2. Find out how much the product is in demand
Once you choose any product after that, research on how much that product is in demand. If you want to make more money, you need to ascertain that the product is hot selling plus has fewer competitors.
The reason behind doing this is that no matter how much effort you do to sell the product if it is not in demand, you would only be able to make little or no sales. Everything revolves around the market; check if the audience really needs the product.
#3. Create a website
As now you know the business you would work on, the next thing you should do is creating a website and a blog. Your prime focus should be on building your blog as a lot of people get influenced and attracted by that.
You should make a point to include:
- About us page- which should be personable and tell people about yourself
- Contact us- In this page include all the contact information which you wish to share with the customers, readers or advertisers.
- Terms of service- This page mentions the user responsibilities regarding copyrights and trademarks.
- Disclaimer- In case if your site is monetized, then this is the page where you share the how of it.
- Advertise- If you plan to sell on-site ads, then you should always include a page for advertisers with complete information about monthly views, contact form, demographics, and available spots.
#4. Create Quality Content
As you have prepared the framework of the pages required now, you should start creating content for it. There are a plethora of affiliate networks and programs that would need you to create the content, traffic, and monthly views at a certain level even before they accept you as an affiliate. This is their pre-requisite when you apply for their program.
Don’t worry; you would not have to create a lot of blogs create 5 to 10 strong blog posts that can have a high impact on them.
Also Read: How to Create a Blog with Minimum Investment
#5. Use the necessary tools
If you want to increase your chances of earning more than you can use an array of tools for making your program more efficient. Using these tools can help gain more traffic, attract more customers who would most likely increase your sales and revenue.
You can use WordPress as it can help create amazing websites that are user-friendly and designed beautifully. Perhaps using these tools can help to make online money through affiliate marketing even quicker.
#6. Grow your Email List
You might be amazed to know that Email is still the number one communication channel for marketing. If you spend $1 on it, you might get a return of more than $35. This means that investing in increasing your email list it a complete value for money.
As per the experts, the simplest way to increase your email list is by adding a pop-up to your site as soon as any visitor opens the link. This way, people would mention their email address and sign up for your website. By doing this, a person would always put their email address; hence it would become more comfortable for you to approach the targeted customer.
#7. Choose Affiliate products to promote
Selecting affiliate products that you wish to support can be an easy task as you can choose the products related to your content. You can also choose to promote the products which you are already using, make a list of it and search on Google to find their affiliate programs.
After doing this, you can write reviews and plug in the affiliate links. Also, you should always try to hear people who are interested in your product, ask them about the issue they face, or if there are any gaps in the new product that they are using.
Try and search for the product which can solve their problem and become an affiliate of that product and recommend it and earn a lot of money through it. Customers always look for the product, which offers the best solution, and they are willing to pay for it.
#8. Join an Affiliate Marketing Network
There are arrays of plugins that can help you in launching a completely functional affiliate program from scratch to end in just a couple of minutes.
Once this is done, then all you need to do is track the performance of your affiliate product. The benefit of tracking is that it helps you in understanding which products are performing better and on which products you need to pay more heed.
Tips on Affiliate Marketing
As you very well know the steps of becoming an affiliate marketer, but it is also substantial for you to know some tips on making affiliate marketing:
1. Be Patient
When you dive into affiliate marketing, you would see that there are numerous works; thus, you need to be patient. You should always try and put excellent quality content on your website for getting a high rank on search engines and increasing your brand awareness.
You can also opt for attending the seminars or webinars and join online communities so that you can get in touch with more and more people. All this can help you in developing you and your business, plus this would also make you more passionate about making money through affiliate programs.
2. Select a few right products
Various beginners make the mistake of registering for a lot of affiliate programs so that they can make more money. But you should never make this mistake as if you try to promote a lot of products, then it might overwhelm you, and you might not be able to support the products the way you should.
Just invest some time and do proper research to understand the need of the market and select the product that might go well with the topic of your website.
3. Use various traffic sources
The chance of making more money through this platform rises with the more traffic that you send to the sales page. Do not run ads on just your own website, use other sources as the more traffic your sales page get, the chances of making more money online increases. It is one of the best way to make money through affiliate marketing.
One of the great ways of driving more traffic to your website is through Google AdWords, all you require to do us run your ads AdWords account then use the associated link.
4. Your campaign must be tested, measured, and tracked
The good thing about using different strategies is that it gives you an idea which one works better for your product. If you are serious about your work, then you can try split testing and measure each program’s performance before selecting a particular campaign.
You can also opt for banner ads and place them on different areas of the page on your website, as that might catch the reader’s attention. As per the tracking results, you can change or select the one that works best for you. Hence it would help if you tried to place in different areas and track them because some areas would surely help you earn more.
5. Look for and select the right merchant
When you begin promoting a product along with that, you also promote the person or organization who owns that product. Hence, when you search for the product that you want to sell, always know well about all the insights of the product and its owners.
The reason behind doing this is that your clients should not feel unhappy after purchasing the product as they would never come back to your website again if their trust is broken once. Ensure that you maintain your credibility by doing in-depth research of the product, and the merchant.
6. Follow the new techniques and methods
In today’s time, you can find everything on search engines, so people type “How to make money through affiliate marketing” and get to know about the new and latest techniques. Just like the digital trends change now, and then the same goes for affiliate marketing.
Thus, you should always keep track of the new updates and techniques if you wish to be more successful and earning more money. If you do not want to be left behind, then follow the updates and make full utilization of them.
These were some of the essential tips to remember when you choose affiliate marketing as a source of your passive income. This can help you in making your work better and avoiding the mistakes that most of the people do.
Other than the tips, it is also essential for you to grow your affiliate marketing business so that you can earn even more money. Here are some of the points which might help you develop your affiliate marketing business.
Developing Affiliate marketing business
1. Attract sales with coupons, deals, and promotions
All of us love to buy when we get great deals. This strategy can act as a considerable player in attracting more customers towards your website. By providing coupons and deals, you can boost sales as there are a lot of customers who adore the savings power of coupons.
The best thing about this is that as long as people think that they are saving money, they are going to keep coming back. Coupons work really well in the market if used properly. If you offer great discounts, users would also check your website first before making any purchase.
2. Use pay per click advertising (PPC)
By using PPC advertising for promoting affiliate programs, you can help increase your sales to a great extent. This is one of the best ways of leveraging search engines to attract highly targeted traffic to a specific landing page. The good thing about this model is that you need not pay for putting your ad on a search result page but for individual clicks.
3. Use Call to action buttons
This can act as a fruitful strategy for our affiliate program. Numerous people create blogs intending to increase sales, but the problem is that those affiliate links are challenging to find. A lot of readers come and scan the blog and click on what is essential.
Hence, using a call to action buttons would help your customers to spot the action item clearly. This would increase your conversion rate; there is a lot of software that comes with an inbuilt call to action button to make it easy for you to apply on your website. If you are offering any coupons or discounts, then you can use the Affiliate coupon plugin.
4. Use Webinars to promote products
This has become a trendy method of advertising because it enables you to reach the target audience in a unique way in which email marketing or content sites cannot match.
Let us understand this by an example if you wish to buy a new vacuum cleaner, what would you prefer just reading about it or the second option looking at its video and understanding how it works plus you can clear all your doubts there and then. Obviously, the second option is better.
Hence webinars have become an amazing way to tell people about the product in a user-friendly manner. The good part is that you would not require replacing your content reviews.
5. Make the most out of special days
This is an excellent way of improving sales, and many companies use this strategy to make more money. Here is when your email list comes into the picture. As soon as you plan to provide exclusive offers, promotions, or discounts, start sending Emails to your subscribers.
In fact, the affiliate marketers spend a lot of time on their website during the special days like Christmas, Diwali, etc. as they know that this is the perfect time to increase sales when there are a lot of discounts, and people are willing to buy the product with the best deals.
6. Increase your sale with paid ads
You can use the social media platform to make more money through affiliate product sales. The method is more natural, plus as most people use social media, it gets a better response. You can use Facebook, Twitter, or any such platform as it not only helps in increasing brand awareness but also raises your sale.
If you are confused about what platform you should use for paid advertising, then don’t worry, we have researched for you on the most commonly used social media platforms so that you can easily choose one as per your business requirements:
a. Facebook: You should use this platform if you wish to reach a broader audience, including outside the country, as it has billions of users all over the world. The significant population on Facebook is between 25 years to 35 years, then 35 to 45, and 18-24It hits the targeted demographics for various businesses; thus, it is one of the most powerful marketing platforms.
b. Twitter: It has millions of active users and comes second on the list after Facebook. In this, the users are evenly spread by gender, but the users are usually above average income. Majorly the users are between 18 to 29 years, which would be around 40%, and only 27% of 30-49 years old are on Twitter.
c. LinkedIn: This is again a very renowned platform which is usually used by professionals. As per data, it has been seen that more than 35% of people with college degrees use LinkedIn in the U.S. If we talk about gender split, then the males are 24%, and females are 19%. LinkedIn as more than 50 to 64 years of people.
d. Instagram: Although this is a new social media platform, yet it has gained a lot of popularity in the past few years. More than 65% of people age between 18-29 years use Instagram. Hence, it can also be a great way of promoting your products and increasing your brand awareness.
Drawbacks of Affiliate Marketing
Just like every coin has two sides; similarly, everything has its advantages and disadvantages. Here are a few drawbacks of affiliate marketing:
- You do not control affiliate marketing programs; you would have to be dependent on the merchant’s rules and respect their conditions. While starting the business, the program might appeal you but later on, if you think it is less competitive, then all you can do is communicate with the merchant and wait for him to implement changes.
- Establishing a customer base is really tough. The lousy reality of affiliate marketing program is that once a referral is made, a repeating customer might not buy from you again. As he would do it directly from the vendor as this is the nature of the affiliate marketing business
- No guarantee of revenue because as per the user’s pay per performance can either be a huge profit or can also be a tremendous risk. Being an affiliate marketer is not an easy job; there might be various challenges that might come your way as it is difficult to predict how much money you can make in a month.
Recommended: 10 Ways To Make Money With WordPress
One of the most significant ways to make more money through Affiliate marketing, in the long run, is by continuously engaging with your customers. You should always treat them like a friend nit as a buyer and recommend them the products which can solve their purpose.
Try to spend as much time and money on improving the design of your website and writing good content. As one thing is for sure that affiliate marketing is a viable business model these days, but you cannot do it blindly by using old methods and practices.
Keep an open-minded attitude towards the changing trends and do affiliate marketing, your customers would love your products.
So what product are you starting affiliate marketing on?