A lot of times, college students run out of cash. If you are a student with such a problem, then let us introduce you to the best online part-time jobs for students.
Part-time jobs are a form of employment wherein people have to work for a few hours every week and not full time. It works in shifts and is rotational, which means people will be shifting within shifts as well. If the employee is working for less than or equal to 30 hours a week, it is considered a part-time job. The number of part-time workers has increased for the past quarter, as stated by the international labor organization. Part-time contracts in different places or counties have different sets of rules and guidelines.
- European Union: Western countries in Europe have embraced the concept of part-time jobs widely because of its swift working hours and acceptability among the organizations. In the European Union, the Netherlands has by far the highest number of people working part-time.
- Australia: It is quite a comprehensive framework in Australia. Generally, part-time employees work approximately 32 hours per week.
- Canada: Part-time workers or employees in Canada work for less than 30 hours per week. In Canada, sophomores are more into part-time jobs to earn their living and not be dependent on their parents.
- United States of America: The working hours differ from 1 hour to 32 hours per week. Around 25 to 28 million Americans work part-time. It is the same as Canada, i.e., sophomores are more into part-time jobs to earn their living and not be dependent on their parents.
Table of Contents
18 Best Online Part-Time Jobs For Students To Earn Money
Let’s see various ways to make money as a student with the below-listed methods:
1. Online Marketing
Online marketing or digital marketing is the marketing of products and services online using social platforms and the internet. It can be through mobile applications, display advertising, and various other digital platforms. Due to technological advancements and people using more social networking sites these days, companies are forced to do online marketing.
Opportunities available at:
The company looks for influencers who can influence the crowd to take an interest in the company. The people are hired for around INR 25,000 to 35,000 per month. There are openings in several companies like Shein, daily objects, club factory. Influencers are the major source of online marketing for companies. They can either influence prospective clients through YouTube videos or social media posts on Instagram, WhatsApp, or twitter. They get paid for the number of influencers they have created around the corner.
2. Product reviews
Product reviews include giving feedback about the product or the services to reach out to the people. Families, individuals these days are concerned about the kind of products they are buying, they don’t buy products unless and until they are sure about the quality of the product. Reviews can be given on the company’s website, social networking sites, or YouTube channels. For example, geeky Ranjit for tech goods. He tends to give product reviews about gadgets like mobile phones, watches, laptops, computers and various other electronic gadgets. He gets paid for the product reviews by the company, the product given to that person is at the expense of the company.
Opportunities are available at:
Influencers are important for the company’s prospective growth. The pay to all the part-time employees for this job is not more than INR 35000 per month. There are openings in several companies like H&M, HCL technologies, Amazon, Decathlon, Capgemini, Gleam technologies.
3. Art and Craftworks
Art and crafts describe various activities that involve crafting things with one’s own hands. It is usually a hobby of a person, and people don’t think of making a living out of it. Crafts can be of various types like:
- Crafts involving textiles: This includes knitting, felting, calligraphy, lacemaking, embroidery, quilting, millinery, rug making, sewing, shoemaking, tapestry, weaving, string art, and much more.
- Crafts involving wood, metal or clay: metalworking, pottery, sculpture, woodworking, cabinet making, marquetry, wood-burning, woodturning, jewelry.
- Crafts involving paper or canvas: Bookbinding, calligraphy, collage, cardmaking, card modeling, decoupage, embossing, marbling, origami, papercraft, parchment craft, scrapbooking, sketching, stamping, etc.
- Crafts involving plants: Basket weaving, corn dolly making, floral design, straw marquetry, etc.
4. Participating in Online surveys
People do this more often as it is more relaxing than any other part-time job. Here individuals need to give feedback regarding the number of goods and services. Surveys are the decision-maker for the company as it reflects the demand for the kind of products and services they are offering to the prospective customers. It helps businesses identify the taste and preferences of the customers. While taking up the part-time job, the individual seeking the job should be careful because the survey should be taken up from a reliable website.
List of survey related websites are:
- ySense: Individuals can make money by filling out surveys, completing the tasks, and promoting their referral programs.
- Your surveys: This site is different from the other survey sites because it asks you pre-qualifier questions and then ask you to fill the surveys.
- Prize rebel: Individuals can make money by taking up surveys, winning contests, and promoting their programs.
- Opinion world: It is the same as the ySense. Individuals can make money by filling out surveys, completing the tasks, and promoting their referral programs.
- Time Bucks: They have shorter and simpler surveys, and the surveys regarding your locations are preferred so that reliable information is passed on.
- Global test market: It is one of the oldest and best online survey sites.
- Swagbucks: Individuals can also earn money by shopping online apart from filling the survey forms.
- Amazon Survey: Amazon often comes up with a survey. These surveys are not always updated online, but as and when they are updated, people should take an interest because they pay well.
- Survey Junkie: Create a profile on this website and select subjects of your interest to take up the surveys.
- Ipsos: The surveys are very frequent.
- Isurvey World: Pays cash for all the surveys you fill online. Extra money can be earned by playing games, watching videos.
- Vindale research: They have surveys of all-time durations, i.e., from short term to long term.
Teleradiology is the transmission of radiological images of a patient like X rays, MRIs, from one location to another for knowledge purposes. To have a discussion with the other doctors, specialists, and physicians. The imaging procedure is growing at a growth rate of 15% against a 2% growth in the radiologist population. Teleradiology helps in improving the patient’s healthcare, as the advice is taken from all the other specialists from around the doctor’s fraternity. The advice from various other doctors helps the patient to be aware of the treatment and the best way to implement it on different patients as well.
Teleradiology utilizes standard network technologies like internet, local area network, wide area network, and telephone lines. The software is designed in such a way that they can transfer more than 100 images in one go.
The pay for a tele radiologist is between INR 1,00,000 to INR 3,00,000 per annum. Some of the companies having openings are:
- Inference system
- Lexicon consultants Pvt Limited.
- Teleradiology providers
- Thyrocare Technologies limited.
- Cognizant technology Solutions private limited.
Hospitals are connected to these companies or the often hospitals connect to the job seekers directly to avoid the intermediary.
6. Online travel agency
The travel agency is a retail business that provides services related to travel and tourism. All these services can also be provided through websites, social networking sites, referred to as an online travel agency. Travel agencies can provide services like hotel bookings, travel arrangements, travel insurance, guidebooks, package tours. They don’t have an in-hand inventory. Travel agencies can also serve as sub-sales agents for the companies who are not having offices at certain places.
The pay is between INR 5,000 to INR 20,000. There are openings in various companies like:
- New Bharat agency tours and travels hiring at a pay scale of INR 8,000 to INR 20,000 per month.
- Destinaro travels hiring for the position of travel consultant at a pay scale of INR 12,000 per month. The money is transferred using google pay, PayPal, phone pay, etc.
7. Selling photos online
Selling photos online is termed as stock photography. It is the supply of photos specifically licensed for various other uses. Stock photography can be:
- Macrostock photography
- Midstock photography
- Microstock photography
Selling photos online is an expensive task; the conventional photos are sold for around INR 7000 to INR 49000. There is no particular theme for selling the photos; rather, it is diverse and abstract. Employment for students site provides various opportunities in this domain. Some of the most important stock photography websites are:
All the above photography websites are one and the same but have different sets of rules and guidelines. The employer has to reach a minimum threshold of 100 USD before requesting money from the employer. The money is transferred using google pay, PayPal, or phone pay, etc.
8. Medical Transcription
In recent years because of technology, the field of medical transcription has evolved a lot. In many hospitals, nowadays, doctors use the latest software of speech to text; this software automatically changes the dictation, which is recorded to text. But, the drawback sometimes is that there is a flaw in the software, and due to this reason itself, medical transcriptionists are required so that they can transcribe dictation as well the speech to text files can be edited. The job of a medical transcriptionist requires the person to listen to the dictation that is recorded by the doctors and eventually type whatever has been said. The reports that are being typed by the individual then become part of the medical records of the patient. The equipment or the software that is needed differs as per the medical that one might be working in. But generally, the person might require a medical dictionary, word processing software, foot pedal, software to playback, pause or fast forward the recorded audio and a headset of good quality.
Earning as a medical transcriptionist varies from one hospital to another. For a word, for example, one is paid Rs. 3, and he/she receives a recording of one hour. The total word count comes out to be 3000; therefore, the person earns 9000 for one hour. Though, the person needs to have a general understanding of the medical field so that there is no problem with the transcription. Medical transcriptionist as a job is certainly going to be on the rise.
9. Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing is usually marketing based on performance in which business rewards customers brought by the marketing techniques of an affiliate. The basic idea is that an individual is promoting products of other people, generally through an affiliate network, and commission is earned if the customers buy those products because of the marketing skills of that person. There are some of the basic things to keep in mind for becoming an affiliate marketer. These are:
- Start reviewing products: There are many products that are used by people in their day to day lives. One can start by reviewing these products on a public platform such as websites.
- Build an Email list: One can then start to make an email list from the visitors on the website. One needs to be sure to engage the audience regularly by giving them updates.
- Live Webinars: It will be better if one uses the live presentation of the content that they were going to blog about. The features of the products, benefits, drawbacks, etc., can be discussed.
- Grow Business: The business can be grown with the help of advertisements.
The income for an affiliate marketer is not consistent. The income is seen on an annual basis rather than a monthly basis. There are chances that one might earn more than Rs. 50000 in one year. However, again, the income might fluctuate every year. This job is a really good option for those who are looking to work online.
10. Website Designing
Website designers differ from web developers on the basis of creativity. They look out for how an overall website should be designed. It is more about thinking of the layouts, fonts, color palates, and visual themes that will go with a particular website. The tasks of web designers might include the following responsibilities:
- Whole websites are designed by them.
- Site Navigations are designed by them.
- Companies are looking out for responsive websites for mobile screens so that the websites look good on every screen.
Qualified web designers earn about Rs. 2.5 Lacs on an average in a year. Those designers who do not have any formal training get about Rs 10000 per month. Web Designing certainly has a scope in the present as well as in the future as everything today is dependent on how things are presented online. This might prove to be a really great job venture.
11. Graphics Designing
Graphic designing is all about creating visual concepts with the help of computer software or by hand so as to communicate the ideas which inform, captivate, and inspire customers. The overall layout is designed for brochures, magazines, and corporate records by graphic designers.
Graphic designers usually indulge in the following activities:
- Meeting with art directors or clients so that they can decide on how to work on a project.
- Using various photo editing software, layout software, and digital illustrations to create designs.
- Creating visual elements
- Select colors, typefaces to use, images, etc.
- Presenting their concepts of design to clients
- Changes are incorporated, which are recommended by clients.
- Designs are reviewed for errors before publishing or printing them.
They basically combine technology with their art and creativity so that they can communicate their ideas and thoughts. To be perfect in the job of graphic designing, one needs to have a certain knowledge of basic tools that are required. Apart from this, they should possess communication skills, computer skills, creativity, analytical skills, artistic skills, and time management skills.
The person who is freelancing might earn about Rs 90,000 in a year, and a senior graphic designer can earn around Rs. 1,80, 000 and more. If an individual thinks that he/she can handle the criticisms and responsibilities that come with being a graphic designer, then he/she should think about this prospectus.
12. Brochure Designing
Brochure Designing, as the name suggests, requires to design the brochures as per demanded by the clients. Brochures are considered to be a really effective and powerful tool to create awareness among the audience regarding different major issues. This can only be done if the design of the brochure is on point. If the design is perfect, then only the attention of the audience is captured, but if the design is less than perfect, the audience will also not take the brochure seriously. So as to design a perfect brochure, one needs to know his/her budget, what the message is going to be, what kind of audience is targeted, what is their own brand value and how are they going to determine their success. The designing of the brochure should be done by keeping the readers in mind.
The type of brochures to be used should also be chosen carefully. Various types of brochures include – Parallel Fold, Roll Fold, Single Gate Fold, Accordion Fold, Tri-Fold, Z-Fold, Double Gate Fold, Half + Half Fold, Half + Tri-Folded, Half-Folded and Half – Fold(Letter). The size and kind of images used in a brochure are also very important. Since brochure designing is a subcategory of Graphic Designing itself, therefore, the pay is almost the same, which is around Rs. 90,000 per year. This can be a good job prospectus if one believes art to be a powerful tool to send across messages and thus is willing enough to do so.
13. Online Share Trading
Online sharing trading generally takes into account selling and buying stocks with the help of an online platform. With the usage of online platforms, one can sell or buy share stocks, mutual bonds, funds, other securities quite easily and that too, without any immediate agent or broker. This makes trading in stocks a lot much easier than it used to be. The paperwork which was understood as really hectic has now been converted into a single click. There are various paid and free web and mobile applications for trading which are available online. This job can prove to be financially rewarding if it is done right. Ups and downs are the prerequisites of this job. For anyone who needs to begin online trading needs to open an online account for trading with an online broking firm. It becomes necessary that one chooses a broker who is certified by SEBI and as well as a registered member. One needs to have a basic knowledge of the functions of the stock market, that is, supply and demand. If an individual believes that he/she has enough knowledge about stocks, then they can surely think about it. However, it is essential to be cautious, or else they might have to suffer from huge losses.
14. Data Entry Operators
The data entry operators usually work to maintain and update information on computer systems and computer databases. The tasks of data entry operator generally include:
- Entering account data of customers from source documents in a fixed amount of time.
- Compilation and verification of information to prepare source documents for entries.
- Data is reviewed to look out for errors or deficiencies.
- Correction of incompatibilities and output is checked by them.
- Information is meant to be confidential. No kind of information should be leaked.
- Research more so as to get more information on the documents which are incomplete.
The suitable type of candidate for this job profile would include someone who can type fast, is familiar with online forms and spreadsheets. Any successful data entry operator is required to maintain up – to – date, useable, and accurate information in the computer systems and computer databases.
The income of data entry jobs varies in different manners, such as full time or part-time, and the companies hiring for data entry jobs. For a full-time job, the salary may vary from Rs. 15000 to Rs. 24000 per month. For part-time jobs, the salary might be Rs. 110 per hour. If one thinks that he/she can type very fast and sees this job as a golden opportunity, then they should not wait any longer and immediately apply for the job of data entry operator.
15. Market Research
How do you know what your customers need? How do you know what the market needs? How do you bear the ever-growing competition in the market, without being left behind?
The answer to them all lies in the best possible Market Research.
Market research is basically a planned effort to gather information about the target markets or customers. As it is fairly obvious, it is one of the most important components of business strategy. In market research, one specific job description that attracts people the most is that of a Market Research Analyst.
What do they do? – A Market research analyst basically studies various market conditions to examine potential sales of a product or a service. They help in identifying and analyzing the needs of the current market, the size of the market, and the overall competition. Market-research engages lots of techniques –
- Qualitative techniques like focus groups, in-depth interviews, etc., and
- Quantitative techniques like customer surveys, secondary data analysis, etc.
What is the work schedule? – During regular business hours, most of the market research analysts work full time. However, some also need to work under deadlines and tight schedules.
What is the eligibility for this job? – Different companies put forth different sets of prerequisites; one needs to qualify to be appointed as a Market Research Analyst. While most of them require the applicant to hold at least a bachelor’s degree, other research positions may ask for a master’s degree. Moreover, strong command over math, statistical configuration, and analytical skills are a must. Communication skills, critical thinking skills, orientation to detail are appreciated skill sets.
16. Create an ebook
In the present world, there are hundreds of ways to earn an income sitting at home, thanks to the work from home jobs. These have made it easy and convenient to work from within the walls of your home, thus relieving stress and office commotion. Among these, the most famous job is that of a home writer.
A home writer basically writes articles, blogs, advertisements, or whatever the company demands. However, if you’re more of a freelancer who wants to stay independent and free from shackles, ebook writing can be just the thing for you.
Electronic/Digital books or eBooks have gained much popularity and continue to do so. More and more people are demanding online versions of books to be made available for them. These ebooks can be as short as a couple of pages or as long as a few hundred pages, often more than a thousand. They’re typically delivered to the buyer in the form of a pdf file. This lets the buyer freedom to choose to save it and read it on his computer, or the buyer can choose to print the whole document. These books can always be in the form of EXE files.
How to make a living out of it? – That’s an understandable question. You can write ebooks and sell them online mainly in three ways-
- You can apply for ebook writing jobs. Many companies hire writers to “ghostwrite” these books. In simpler words, you are paid a pre-decided fee to write a certain number of words. However, your name is not put on the book. Also, you don’t get to have any say about the final product.
- If the last one didn’t fit you, you could write your own ebooks, and you’ll be paid whenever you manage to secure a sale.
- You could be paid royalties, just the way you would be with a print book. However, this is very rare, and it is even rarer that you’ll get any kind of advance.
Dos and Don’ts-
- Always choose a topic you know about.
- Don’t make your writing complicated.
- Never get overwhelmed.
- Proofreading is essential.
- Layout and cover should reek of professionalism.
17. Make Money Through Amazon and eBay
With a flaunting worth of $600 billion+ and a seemingly incessant exponential growth, Amazon is the world’s largest retailer.
Amazon’s marketplace for sellers continues to expand. Since it offers countless services and products, they’ve been successful in carving out different jobs and side hustles for people who want to earn a couple of extra bucks, work from home, or become a seller.
- Private labeling your product: It means registering your product on Amazon as your own. It helps avoid major competition. The benefit of selling your own branded product on Amazon is that you enjoy full control of your listing, and you can always make changes to the product if needed.
- Retail Arbitrage: The exact opposite of private labeling, this implies buying low and selling high.
- Amazon Flex: If you own a car and a smartphone, you should consider delivering goods through Amazon Prime. Amazon currently pays anywhere from $18-25 per hour. You need to download the app and answer a few simple questions before you getting started. They seek flexibility and availability of shifts.
- Work from home for Amazon: If you’re looking for a job where you can be home-based, do consider a position in Amazon’s virtual customer service team, popularly known as Amazon’s Work-from-Home Customer Service Associate. This is kind of a seasonal position but holds the potential to become a permanent one. There are customer service rep positions for those who speak a second language other than English, and non-customers service positions that only ones with a qualified tech background could apply for, like cloud tech account managers and technical trainers.
18. Become a YouTuber
When you have a plan to become a YouTuber, you have to create your own YouTube channel where you have to upload videos created by yourself. You should have a clearcut idea regarding the content of your videos and have to ensure that they have content that makes the people interested and keeps them engaged in watching your video. If people can relate to it, then they will watch your videos.
You’ll have to stick up to a theme like traveling, fashion, etc. for your you’re e channel videos.
Smartphones can be used to record videos, but to record high-definition videos, you’ll have to arm yourself with the best equipment so that your viewers can enjoy videos created by you.
It will be difficult to get fresh ideas and content but never give up. You have to make sure that you turn your ideas into reality. List your ideas and also see how other YouTubers do their videos. Learn to edit content, new techniques for creating videos, and new editing style.
You have to see that the videos that you upload contain only the best clips with quality content. Whenever you create a video, you should also think from the viewer’s point of view. This will help you to develop good videos.
Another thing is that you should give your videos a good description and title that catches the attention of a viewer. They should contain the main keyword and phrase.
That’s it, I hope now you can choose any one of the above methods among the 18 Best Online Part-Time Jobs For Students to earn money. But if you still have any questions regarding the company registration process then feel free to ask them in the comment section.