After a gap of more than five years, CRISIL – India’s leading agency for microfinance ratings has released it’s updated list of the top microfinance companies in India titled “India’s 25 Leading MFI’s“ for the years 2014 – 2015.
The previous ranking of Microfinance Institutions was released in 2009 and was titled India’s Top 50 Microfinance Institutions.
CRISIL has been associated with the Indian Microfinance Sector for more than a decade and its ratings and reports about MFI’s and the sector are highly valued by microfinance practitioners, analysts, and the general public. As of June 2014, CRISIL has ratings or gradings outstanding on more than 60 Indian MFI’s which account for more than 70% of the loans outstanding in the Indian Microfinance Sector.
Since the last report was released, the microfinance sector in India has been turned upside down with many of the top MFI’s from the 2009 list missing from the 2014 list, these are mainly MFI’s based in the state of Andhra Pradesh who bore the brunt of the Indian Microfinance Crisis and no longer figure in the top 25.
The publication also carries an opinion piece by CRISIL on the near to medium-term outlook for the microfinance sector in India. The report also includes an overview of the top 25 companies in Indian MFI space along with CRISIL’s analysis of the key strengths and challenges faced by the different microfinance institutions in India.
The report ends with a list of top 25 emerging microfinance companies in India who still have a small asset base and portfolio compared to the top 25 but could scale up in the long run to join the league of big MFI’s.
TOP 25 MICROFINANCE INSTITUTIONS IN INDIA 2014
Download the full report “India’s 25 leading MFI’s” at the link below:
As per the report, the top 25 Microfinance Companies in India are as follows.
- Annapurna Microfinance Pvt Ltd
- Arohan Financial Services Pvt Ltd
- Asirvad Microfinance Pvt Ltd
- Bandhan Financial Services Pvt Ltd
- BSS Microfinance Pvt Ltd
- Cashpor Micro Credit
- Disha Microfin Pvt Ltd
- Equitas Microfinance Pvt Ltd
- ESAF Microfinance and Investments Pvt Ltd
- Fusion Microfinance Pvt Ltd
- Grama Vidiyal Micro Finance Ltd
- Grameen Financial Services Pvt Ltd
- Janalakshmi Financial Services Pvt Ltd
- Madura Micro Finance Ltd
- RGVN (North East) Microfinance Limited
- Satin Creditcare Network Ltd
- Shree Kshetra Dharmasthala Rural Development Project
- SKS Microfinance Ltd
- S.M.I.L.E Microfinance Ltd
- Sonata Finance Pvt Ltd
- Suryoday Micro Finance Pvt Ltd
- SV Creditline Pvt Ltd
- Swadhaar FinServe Pvt Ltd
- Ujjivan Financial Services Pvt Ltd
- Utkarsh Micro Finance Pvt Ltd
OTHER EMERGING NEW MFI’S IN INDIA
Watch out for these MFI’s in the coming days as they go head-on with the big boys of India’s Microfinance Sector.
- Adhikar Microfinance Pvt Ltd
- ASA International India Pvt Ltd
- Belstar Investment & Finance Pvt Ltd
- Chaitanya India Fin Credit Pvt Ltd
- Future Financial Services Ltd
- Growing Opportunity Finance (India) Pvt Ltd
- Humana People to People India
- IDF Financial Services Pvt Ltd
- Indian Cooperative Network for Women Ltd
- M Power Micro Finance Pvt Ltd
- Mahasemam Trust
- Margdarshak Financial Services Ltd
- Pahal Financial Services Pvt Ltd
- Rashtriya Seva Samithi
- Sahara Utsarga Welfare Society
- Sahayog Microfinance Ltd
- Saija Finance Pvt Ltd
- Samhita Community Development Services
- Sanghamitra Rural Financial Services
- Sarala Women Welfare Society
- Shikhar Microfinance Pvt Ltd
- Uttrayan Financial Services Pvt Ltd
- Vedika Credit Capital Ltd
- Village Financial Services Pvt Ltd
- YVU Financial Services Pvt Ltd
Subscribe to Moneymint Weekly
Every Sunday we email people like you with top tips, insights and opportunities to manage your finances and build your online business. No hype, no scams, no fake gurus. Sign up below to get the next one.