If you are a shopping freak, then the Standard Chartered Manhattan Platinum Credit Card is the one that you’ll need in your wallet.
The Standard Chartered Manhattan Platinum Credit Card is best suited for shopaholics as it comes with serious benefits in the form of cashback and rewards. What makes it unique is the 5% cash back that you get every time you shop at a supermarket or a departmental store. Besides the cashback, this card also comes with numerous benefits. Let’s delve into to get deeper insights.
Standard Chartered Manhattan Platinum Credit Card Review
The all-new Standard chartered Manhattan Platinum credit card has proven to be beneficial for all its users. Some have discovered it to be their favorite, while some find it not up to the mark. The response, however, varies according to the experiences of its users. For people living in metro cities, it is a valuable card.
In this article, you will find the fees, benefits, and procedures of this credit card.
Fees and other waivers:
|Annual Fee||Rs. 999 (Fee for the first year as well as for the years ahead is the same)|
|Joining Fee||Rs.499+tax (Waived if you spend Rs. 30,000 in a year)|
|Renewal fee||Annual/Renewal Fee waived if you spend Rs. 60,000 in a year|
|Annualized Percentage Rate||APR is 41.88 percent. There will be an interest rate of 3.49 percent on the transactions done through cash.|
|Cash Advance (ATM withdrawals)||3% of withdrawal or Rs. 300 per transaction, whichever is higher|
|Over-limit Charges||2.5% of the over-limit amount subject to a minimum of Rs. 500|
|Late Payment Fee||• Rs. 0 for statement outstanding balance less than or equal to Rs. 100
• Rs. 100 for statement outstanding balance between Rs. 100 and Rs. 500
• Rs. 500 for statement outstanding balance between Rs. 501 and Rs. 5,000
• Rs. 700 for statement outstanding balance between Rs. 5,001 and Rs. 15,000
• Rs. 800 for statement outstanding balance greater than Rs. 15,000
|Surcharges||Rs. 10 or 1% of the transaction (whichever is higher) are levied on Petrol transactions. Rs. 25 or 2.5% (whichever is higher) are levied on Railway station|
Please Note: GST is levied on all taxable supplies
For instance, if you have a sum of Rs. 4000 not yet paid in your credit card besides a sum of Rs.10000 in the balance transfer account, then you will have to pay a charge for the late payment made by you. For this, the charge would be Rs.500 for your credit card and Rs.700 for your account of the balance transfer. If you fail to pay on time, you will have to pay the charges on all cards and installment products that you have.
An outstanding benefit of the Standard Chartered Manhattan Platinum Credit Card:
While using it in supermarkets, it gives 5% cashback and three times the reward points of the money spent when used for all other expenses. A whole lot of offers one can avail through this credit card while dining and shopping.
Some extraordinary features of this extraordinary credit card are:
- Free supplementary credit cards are available for the family members of the cardholder.
- Checkouts become faster, and payments are secure while using this credit card.
- OTP verification is 3D secured, which enhances security.
- It provides a large variety of digital payment solutions like Bharat QR, Samsung Pay, etc.
- Card balance could be checked, and useful and instant card payments could be made through online banking and Standard Chartered Mobile
Where you should use Standard Chartered Manhattan Credit Card:
- Shopping in supermarkets
- Online shopping on e-commerce websites like Flipkart and amazon
- Dining and Restaurants
- Hotels and Travel
Eligibility to apply for this card:
- It requires a person to be in the age group 25 to 65 with at least
- 6,00,000 annual income to avail of this credit card. The person should belong to a big urban city too.
The most important documents required for this application are given below-
1. Identity proof:
One of the below-mentioned photo cards would work
- Aadhaar card
- PAN card
- Voter Id card
- Govt. ID
2. Address proof:
Along with your Aadhaar card, any one of the following documents if the current residence address is different from Aadhaar address:
- Driving license
- Phone bill, electricity
- Other utility bills
- Rental agreement
- Latest other banks/ credit card statement
- One recent passport-sized photograph
3. Financial documents:
- Latest one month salary slip
Self-employed business people:
- Latest IT returns and business continuity proof
- Latest IT returns
- Business continuity proof
- Another way to apply is based on the following:
- Another bank credit card
- Life insurance policy
Recommended: 6 Key Differences Between Debit Card & Credit Card
How long does it take to apply for Standard Chartered Manhattan Platinum Credit Card?
Not more than a few minutes is required if you want to apply for this credit card. Once you submit all the required documents, it will take up to 7-15 days for the Bank to provide you with the card.
What is the process to check the application status of Standard Chartered Platinum Credit Card once we apply for it?
The website of the bank is always available for you to check the status of your card. To check, go to the credit cards section and click on the ‘Track Credit Card Application.’ Enter your details and click on ‘Submit.’
Should I pay extra for using my credit card abroad?
Yes, every international transaction is charged with a nominal 3.5% transaction fee.
Are the add-on cards available to take along with Standard Chartered Manhattan Platinum Credit Card?
The answer to this question is a straight yes. This credit card also provides add-on cards along with it
Where can I get more information about Standard Chartered Manhattan Platinum Credit Card?
If you have any queries regarding the card or want to know more about it, you can visit the website of the bank anytime you want. You can also contact the customer care of the bank or visit any of its branches to get the required details.