How does shopping online and earning unlimited rewards sound? If you are one of those shopaholics, then the SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card is just made for you.
The State Bank of India, in short SBI, has always come up with new and better schemes for its customers. For SBI, customer satisfaction has been the topmost priority. Recently a new credit card was launched by SBI, i.e., SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card, with more and new benefits designed for online shopping habits of the new generation.
SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card Review: Benefits, Fees and Eligibility
SBI Simply Click Credit Card mainly focuses on online shopping with unlimited exciting rewards and perks coupled with it. For more connected and exclusive deals and rewards, SBI has joined hands with multiple top leading e-commerce brands of India. Some of them are Amazon India, Lenskart, Bookmyshow, Ola Cabs, Foodpanda, FabFurnish, Zoomcar, and Cleartrip, etc.
SBI’s SimplyCLICK Credit Card has a tagline, “For a generation that is always online.”
SBI’s credit cards were and are very popular among the salaried employees. This is because they have nominal fee charges with a huge variety of exclusive benefits. Also, the simply click Credit card can be effortlessly, and without much delay, can be applied online. The approval for the same is also instant.
This card is obtained in two variant networks. They are Visa Platinum and MasterCard Titanium. Both of these networks are internationally recognized, with a currency mark up of 3.5%.
All the salaried professionals can apply for SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card. You just need few documents to apply for it, such as your income proof with PAN card details. And the credit limit is based upon your annual income. The bank itself decides your credit limit. As soon as the card is issued and delivered to you, you will be notified about your credit limit.
One of the most important matters to note is that SBI does not issue its credit card to people whose addresses are not serviceable. That means, for availing the benefits of an SBI credit card, you need to live in a big, urban city. Cities like New Delhi, Noida, Ahemdabad, Mumbai, Nagpur, Chennai, Calcutta, and Pune and many more metropolitan and cosmopolitan cities.
Moreover, you should have a good credit score and a good credit history. A good credit score will not only help you get the card approval swiftly but also will increase your credit limit with a lower interest rate charges to pay.
The person applying for SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card must have an income of 3 lakhs or more with a minimum age of 23 years. If you already have a credit card or a landline at your home and/or office, it makes it easier for you to get the bank’s approval for the same. However, you cannot hold two SBI cards at the same time.
Benefits of SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card
- Joining Perks – SBI welcomes their customer with a heartwarming Amazon India e-gift voucher worth Rs. 500.
- Annual fee – The annual fee is only Rs. 499. And if in the subsequent year, your spending year is or more than Rs. 1 lakhs, then the renewal fee worth Rs. 499 is waived off.
- Bookmyshow offer – You get an instant Rs. 100 cashback on your first movie ticket booked by Bookmyshow mobile app.
- Cleartrip offer – You get Rs. 700 cashback as you book a domestic roundtrip flight valued Rs. 5000 or more by your Cleartrip mobile trip. And Rs. 500 cashback for the same if you book it from the Cleartrip website.
- Zoomcar offer – If you book a self-drive Zoomcar worth Rs. 2,500 or more, you get an off of Rs. 600. However, there are terms and conditions applied to it.
- Reward points – As mentioned earlier, SBI has collaborated with many Indian leading e-commerce companies like Amazon, Ola cabs, etc. therefore, you can enjoy 10x rewards on Rs. 100 spending. You get 5x rewards on every other online transaction of Rs. 100. Also, a 1x reward point on all your other normal spending worth Rs. 100.
- FabFurnish offer – On a purchase of Rs. 1500 or more, you can get a cashback worth 500 INR.
- Ola cabs offer – you can get the extra amount in your Ola money wallet. For example – if you load150 INR in your Ola money wallet, you can get you an extra 150 INR. This is also applicable to its partners, as well.
- Milestone rewards – One of the attractive benefits of this card is that you get an e-voucher worth 2000 INR on the annual online spending of Rs. 1 to 2 lakhs.
- Fuel freedom – If you make a fuel transaction worth Rs. 500 to Rs. 3000, you receive a fuel surcharge waiver of 1%. It is exclusive of GST and all other charges wherever applicable.
- Reward points redemption – The most frequently asked question is that where one can use their cumulative reward points. Well, the SBI has provided its users with many gift vouchers from top brands like Amazon. You can get the vouchers from any of the listed companies from the SBI card reward catalog.
- Contactless advantage – with SBI SimplyCLICK Credit card, you get to experience high security with effortless transactions. For any transaction, you just need to wave your card over the secured reader. Even the small purchases in coins/cash can be easily made. You won’t need to look for them.
There is never a need for you to hand over your card to someone for transactions. This ensures your card security. This way, you will never lose your card and will never fear the crime of theft or fraud due to skimming, i.e., counterfeit.
No matter how many times you swipe or wave your card over the same reader for any transaction, the unique security key feature will ensure that only one transaction takes place. This feature is a product of Visa payWave, specially designed to give a solution to the problem of multiple transactions for a single dealing.
- Worldwide recognition – This card can be used all across the globe in over 24 million outlets worldwide, inclusive of 3, 25,000 outlets in India itself. You can also withdraw cash from Visa and MasterCard ATMs globally (1 million in number).
- Add-on Cards – Although you cannot have more than one SBI card holding at one time, you can always empower your family members with add-on cards. Children or siblings above the age of 18, parents, spouse, and other family relatives can also be a part of the SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card facility.
- Payments of utility bills – Easy bill pay facility attached to your SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card can be used to pay your telephone, electricity, mobile, and other utility bills.
- Balance transfer on EMI – If you use your SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card to pay off the outstanding balance of other banks’ credit cards, then you can avail the benefit of getting a lower interest rate for your EMI payments. This facility helps you save money while you are paying your other credit card dues.
- Flexipay – Sometimes, you need to break your transactions into monthly installments. With the Flexipay facility provided under SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card, your purchase valued Rs. 2500 or more can be changed into installments. You just need to login to sbicard.com using your UserID and password and convert your purchase into Flexipay within 30 days of the transaction.
- Easy money – With easy money, you get a draft or cheque delivered at your doorstep. But the condition is that money taken should not be more than your credit limit. You can easily book your easy money on sbicard.com.
Recommended: SBI Prime Credit Card Review
Why should you apply for SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card?
When it comes to SBI, most people know that it is a very reliable and safe Bank. But, the question arises whether SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card is worth applying or not.
To answer that, for people who are new to e-commerce and online shopping world, it is very beneficial. It provides many vouchers and rewards for some of the most trusted online websites. There are many welcome benefits, as well.
Moreover, with an SBI credit card in your hand, you have a better chance to get approval for premium credit cards of SBI and other banks. It can also help you improve your credit history so that you can make provisions for your future financial goals.
If you are an online shopping freak, having this credit card in your wallet will never make you regret having applied for it. You get to save money while shopping online with unlimited and exclusive privileges, as well.
Even though you might see this card as another plastic card, but when you hold a beautiful card in your hand, perception changes. You might have a more valuable card available with you than SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card, but it is beautifully printed and fabricated, ready to be a perfect fit in your hand.
|Expenses in Year 1||1 Lakh||1.5 Lakhs|
|100% online shopping with exclusive partners||1,00,000||1,50,000|
|Rewards Points on spends||10,000||15,000|
|Reward point value
(1RP = Re 0.25)
|Total Benefits (Rs)||5000||6250|
|Total savings (Total benefits – Annual Fees)||4501||5751|
|Savings % age
Total Savings/ Total Spends