SBI IRCTC platinum credit card was launched in association with Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC). You can enjoy multiple travel benefits with the help of this card. These advantages are offered to the users at a minimal annual fee. A transaction charge of 1.8% is waived off. The customers are offered value back benefits if they book the tickets through IRCTC. The SBI Platinum Credit Card offers various other benefits:
SBI IRCTC Platinum Credit Card Review
Benefits and features of SBI IRCTC Card
Welcome offers: If the individual withdraws cash from ATM within the first 30 days of card activation, then the individual gets a cashback of INR 100. The individual is awarded 350 bonus points on a single transaction of about INR 500 or more within 45 days since the card has been issued.
Excessive Value Back Benefits: When the bookings are made through the IRCTC website with the help of the SBI IRCTC Platinum credit card, then the users are offered a 10% value back on CC, AC1, and AC2 bookings. Reward points are also offered to individuals on everyday purchases. For every INR 125 spent on retail purchases, which also includes the purchase of railway tickets on the official IRCTC website, then he/she earns one reward point. Fuel purchases are not included in this. The value of 1 reward point is equated with INR 1, and the individual can redeem the accumulated points for booking railway tickets.
No transaction charge on the tickets: If the individual is booking tickets with the help of the IRCTC website, then he/she will be saving a 1.8% transaction charge on their respective railway tickets.
Global acceptance: The SBI IRCTC credit card has worldwide acceptance and is also an exclusive travel card. The individual can use this travel card in over 29 million outlets all around the world, including 3.25 lakh outlets present in India.
Fuel surcharge waiver: If an individual purchases fuel for an amount between INR 500 and INR 3000, then the user gets a fuel surcharge waiver. INR 100 as a maximum surcharge waiver is allowed per month.
Non-Stop Cash Availability: Individuals in possession of their cards can withdraw money anytime from any Visa ATM.
Utility bill payment facility: With the help of the Easy Bill Pay facility, the individual can pay the utility bill payments such as telephone, insurance, electricity, etc. before the due date automatically.
Avail IRCTC travel offers: Users of SBI IRCTC card can also avail special travel packages that might be wildlife, pilgrimage, leisure tours, tourism, or adventurous to different parts in India. The individual can buy airline tickets at affordable prices. The individual gets the option to choose from over 5000 hotels across 350 cities in the country while they are making reservations for themselves to stay. There is also an option for a custom made tour package.
Also Read: 7 Best SBI Credit Cards In India Review
Visa offers: The individual gets excessive privileges from Visa that also includes great deals on dining, travel, entertainment, and golf.
24/7 Assistance: 24/7 Visa Global Customer Assistance is provided by the State Bank of India to help the individuals in times of need. IRCTC SBI Platinum Card Customer Helpline is also provided for the same.
Add-on cards: The individual can also apply for add-on cards for their siblings, children, parents, and spouse above the age of 18, without any of the additional charges.
Flexipay: With the help of Flexipay, the individual can convert all of his/her purchases over INR 2, 500 into EMI within 30 days of the transactions.
SBI IRCTC Credit Card Fees and Other Charges
|Type of Charge||Amount|
|Renewal fee||Up to 3.35% per month|
|Interest-free credit period||20 – 50 days (applicable only on retail purchases and on the contingency that all previous months’ outstanding balance is paid)|
|Minimum amount due||5% of the total outstanding amount|
|Cash withdrawal fee – SBI or other domestic ATMs||2.5% of the withdrawal amount or a minimum of Rs.300 per transaction|
|Cash withdrawal fee – International ATMs||3% of the withdrawal amount or a minimum of Rs.300 per transaction|
|Add-on fee (per annum)||NIL|
|Card replacement charges||Rs.100 per replacement|
|Late payment charges||When the total amount due is in between:|
|Cash payment fee and SBI branch||Rs.100 per payment|
|Cheque payment fee||Rs.100 (for payments up to Rs.10,000)|
SBI IRCTC Credit Card – Eligibility Criteria
For an individual to be eligible for this credit card, he/she should meet the following requirements:
- The individual should be a resident of India.
- The individual is required to have a good credit history.
- The individual must be above 18 years and below 65 years of age.
When the individual is applying, there will be a need for some of the documents to establish proof of identity, income, and address. Additionally, the PAN card should also be submitted. These documents should be submitted successfully so that the individual can apply for this credit card.
Documents required for applying for the IRCTC SBI Platinum Credit Card
- KYC-PAN, ID proof, Address proof
- Income proof – ITR documents, Form 16, Salary slip
- Passport size photographs
- PAN card photocopy, ID proof, and Address proof
How to apply for the SBI IRCTC card?
The individual should follow the steps given below to apply for SBI IRCTC card:
- The individual needs to fill out an online application form.
- Enter the basic details such as occupation, income, contact number, etc.
- Then, select the SBI IRCTC Card from the list and proceed with the eligibility check by providing some additional details.
- If the individual is eligible, then proceed with the application by providing employment details and personal details.
- Verify the mobile number by submitting the OTP that has been received.
- Once the application has been completed, the individual is going to get a call from SBI Card for document collection. For the collection of documents, a field agent will come.
- Once the documents are verified, the credit card will be issued to the individual.
How to redeem the reward points earned by the individual on his/her IRCTC SBI Platinum Card?
The individual can redeem his/her reward points with the help of the following points:
- The individual should log into the SBI card website.
- Click on ‘Rewards.’
- Click on ‘Redeem Rewards.’
- The individual can choose from the catalog that will be offering various reward options.
- The individual then needs to click on ‘Redeem Now’ and then confirm the request for redemption.
How can the individual redeem the rewards on his/her mobile phone?
The individual can redeem the rewards on his/her mobile phone by following simple steps mentioned below:
- Log in to the SBI mobile app.
- The individual needs to click on the ‘Rewards’ on the left-hand side.
- Click on ‘Redeem Rewards’
- The individual then is supposed to choose from the catalog that will be offering various reward options.
- Click on ‘Redeem Now’ and then confirm the request for redemption.