If you think you need to make any changes regarding your PF form, then you will have to download the PF name change, date of birth, address, correction form to correct any of the details. Here in this article, you will find how to make such changes and the download link to the form. So read on.
The EPF that gets deducted every month from your salary may feel like forced savings, but it is going to help you at the time of your retirement.
There can be times when the name or the date of birth mentioned in the provident fund statement is incorrect and may not match with your Aadhaar details. Now, if this happens, then it will consequently delay your withdrawals and create another bunch of problems or hassles to deal with.
PF Name Change, Date of Birth, Address Correction Form
Overall, EPFO has more than 19 Crores subscriber accounts who have retired and settled their claims. However, the current contributing members are more than 5 crores.
A while ago, the government stated that more than 11.07 crore subscriber accounts are missing ‘father’s name,’ and 8.38 crores EPFO accounts don’t have the subscriber’s date of birth.
So, what are the problems that you will face if your details are incorrect?
If there is even a small mistake in your account details or if the details mentioned in the EPF account and the withdrawal form do not match, then you won’t be able to withdraw the money.
If the records do not match with the details that you are providing, then any request made will be declined.
A small miss-match may result in the rejection of withdrawal requests, so it is crucial to check the status of the documents you have submitted to your employees for the registration.
The claim process will be delayed if the nominee details in your account are not mentioned properly. Please update the details properly.
It is crucial to mention the right date of joining for calculating the number of years you have contributed to the EPF. It is also important to keep in mind because the withdrawal from the account before 5 years is taxable.
What should one do if any such problem arises?
In the present scenario, the employer and employee both will have to give a joint request to the EPFO for any correction against the Universal Account Number.
You will need these to make changes to your details online:
- Active UAN,
- Access to EPFO’s Unified Portal website,
- Aadhaar Card (Adhaar number)
- The employer has to forward the request online to EPFO.
Ensure that your Aadhaar has the right information before making any changes in the EPFO records.
You may see this message “Aadhaar is already verified. Your details aren’t editable.” If you see this message, then it means that your Aadhar has already been verified, and you are not allowed to make any more changes. If you want to make changes, then you must first update your Aadhaar details, and then you can make any changes in the EPFO records.
How to Update your PF details?
Both the employee and the employer has to go through the process in order for the employee to change the PF name, date of birth, or address. Here is how the process will go:
- The EPFO members will submit changes to the employer on the Member Unified Portal.
- The system will then compare the requested changes with similar fields received from the Aadhar platform.
- After the verification is completed successfully, the request will be transferred to the employer.
- Finally, the employer will forward the request, along with the employee’s request online to the EPFO.
- All that is left now is for the EPFO to process your request.
The process to be followed by the employee:
- Firstly, the employee will have to visit the official website.
- Then the employee will have to go to the ‘Our Services’ tab and click on ‘For Employees.’
- Now, in the ‘For Employees’ page, the employee has to click on the ‘Member UAN/Online Services’ menu. You can find this link under the ‘Services’ menu.
- In the Member UAN/Online Services page or the next tab that will open, the employee has to enter his/her UAN, password, and captcha details, then click on ‘Sign In.’
- On the next page, the employee has to click on the ‘Modify Basic Details.’ You can find this under ‘Manage.’
- Here on this page, the employee has to enter the correct details. The details entered must exactly be as they are on the Aadhaar Card. Here the employees can change his/her name, gender, and date of birth.
- Lastly, after filling the correct details, the employee will have to click on ‘Update Details.’
- After the final step, the request will be sent to the employer for approval. If the employees want, then they can delete the request, but they need to do it before the employer approves the request.
The process to be followed by the employer:
- Firstly, the employer will have to visit the official website of the EPFO and go to the login page.
- The employer has to enter his/her login credentials (i.e., Username and Password), then click on sign in.
- On the next page, after clicking on ‘Details Change Request,’ the employer can see the requests submitted by employees online. It will be under the ‘Member’ tab.
- Here the employers can see the request and take the necessary action. However, the employer is required to add a remark against the request.
- After the request is approved, the employer can view the status of the request that will appear in the Unified Portal of the Field Office Interface.
- Now, the dealing hand must approve this request, and after the verification is completed by the Dealing hand, then the recommendation has to be sent to the Section Supervisor. Now, this request may or may not be approved by the Dealing Assistant. However, the dealing assistant is required to add a remark based on the action that has been taken.
- After this, the Section Supervisor submits the recommendations to the RPFC (Regional Provident Fund Commissioner). However, it is up to the RPCF to accept or reject the recommendation.
- After the request has been accepted, then the changes will appear on the employee’s EPFO portal.
Can it be done offline?
If you are not familiar with digital media, then you can do it offline as well. For this, both the employer and the employee have to fill the form and submit it to the EPFO in order to change the name on PF, date of birth, or address correction.
You can download the form by clicking here.