Paying credit card bills can be overwhelming, but what’s more troubling is to know how you can pay it? For credit card companies and banks, offering ways to pay the bills online is very important. Therefore, ICICI Bank offers multiple ways to make your payment online. Here in this article, you will learn how to pay your ICICI Bank credit card bill online.
Earlier, credit cards were said to be one of the luxuries that only premium people had in their hands. But, that is not the case now. In the current scenario, everyone who clears a specific eligibility criterion has access to various credit card schemes. These cards are not only used for booking airline tickets and huge transactions but also to pay their mobile bills, electricity bills, and many other utilities, even buying daily groceries.
ICICI bank predicted this transformation in advance, and hence they are the largest credit card issuers today in India. They also provide the features of a lower rate of interest only when you have a high credit score, and you can increase your credit score by paying all your dues from time to time.
But the problem is consumers do not know how many different types of facilities ICICI bank is providing them, irrespective of the fact that if you are an ICICI Bank account holder or not so that there are no issues regarding transaction process and the customers are never late in credit card bill payments.
How to Pay ICICI Credit Card Bill Payment Online
Let’s have a look at all the detailed procedures of the methods available (online and offline) to pay your ICICI credit card bill:
Through the world of internet (Online)
Net banking is a widely used mode of bank transfers, and you can use this service to make payments for your credit cards as well. Also, if you use internet banking for the payment of your credit card, you’ll get instant credits in your account.
If you have an ICICI bank account, follow these steps:
- Go to the ICICI Bank portal of internet banking.
- Now login with your personal customer ID as well as password.
- Then you need to go to the ‘Credit Cards’ section.
- There you can select the type of card that you own and go forward for the payment.
- Clicking on ‘Pay Now’ will redirect you to a secured payment gateway.
- There you can select the ICICI account and the amount that you want to pay, it can be either the complete outstanding amount or minimum amount that you need to pay, or you can even pay a particular amount of money.
- Click on ‘Pay,’ and that’s it.
Net banking for non ICICI account holders:
If you do not have an ICICI bank account, don’t worry and follow the steps for completing your payment:
- Log in to your bank’s portal net banking.
- Now under the payments tab, you have to add a payment biller.
- And register your ICICI Bank credit card details in the specific biller.
Once you complete this one-time registration, you can pay your dues every month directly from your bank account. This method is equally convenient if compared to the process of ICICI bank account holders.
Click to pay:
You can also use ICICI Bank’s “Click to Pay” facility to pay your credit card bills if you have the account in the specific banks who are the partners of ICICI Bank, Just follow the steps to avail this service:
- Visit the ‘Pay’ page available on the ICICI Bank’s official web portal.
- From the drop-down list, choose your bank.
- Select the type of card that you own.
- Then you have to enter your card number and the amount that is to be paid.
- Now you will head onto your bank’s payment interface.
- For authentication, you will need to enter your password and user ID.
- After confirming the debit amount, payment will be deducted instantly, and you will get a reference number to that particular transaction.
If you’re going to avail of this service, one thing you should know is that it takes 3 to 5 business days for the payment reflection. So, you should have a margin to save yourself from any additional charges.
Choose the Mobile App of ICICI
- Once installed, register with your ID and password.
- From the multiple options, you have to select “Cards & Forex.”
- Then go to the “Credit Card” section.
- There you will have to register your credit card with the “Link CC” option.
- You will get all your bills and payment details here.
- Now go to the “Pay Bill” option.
- Then you have two options available to choose from, according to your preference.
- Now you have to enter the account number from which you want to complete your payment and then click on the ‘Confirm’ button.
And that’s it you have completed your card payment. Apps are designed to make your life easier, so you should definitely utilize the best of it.
Use the NEFT Facility
It’s quite simple to transfer funds through NEFT. You can also pay your credit card bill through it.
- For payments through NEFT, “Transaction Code 52” has to be used.
- And ICICI Bank has to be registered as the destination bank using the IFSC code ‘ICIC0000103.’
- After the successful completion of the payment, it takes one business day to reflect the same in your account.
Use IMPS to pay
You can easily pay your ICICI card bills through your bank’s website or mobile app using the IMPS facility.
Follow these steps to make the payment through IMPS.
- Log in to your bank’s application.
- Choose your bank account.
- Then, select ‘IMPS’ and then choose the “Merchant Payment” option.
- Now add your bank account number from which you want the amount to be debited. You will have to enter this under the ‘Source Account’ field.
- Then, add the merchant’s mobile number, which will be 7506612221 for ICICI Bank cards.
- Then, add the MMID (Mobile Money Identifier) that is 9229001 for ICICI Bank cards
- Now, add the transaction amount
- Then, under the ‘Payment Reference Number’ field, add your ICICI Bank Card number and click on ‘Go.’
- Then, you will see the confirmation page, review all the provided information, and then confirm the payment.
Also Read: SBI Savings Plus Account Review
Following is the list of banks that offer IMPS merchant payments:
- Karur Vysya Bank
- ICICI Bank
- Yes Bank
- Federal Bank
- BNP Paribas
- HSBC Bank
- ING Vysya Bank
- Mehsana Urban Co-operative Bank
- Cosmos Co-operative Bank
- Bassein Catholic Co-operative Bank
- State Bank of Mysore
- State Bank of Travancore
- Vijaya Bank
- State Bank of India
- Canara Bank
- Axis Bank
- Union Bank of India
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Punjab and Maharashtra Co-operative Bank
- Andhra Bank
- DBS Bank
- Saraswat Bank
- Janata Sahakari Bank, Pune
- Jammu & Kashmir Bank
- United Bank of India
- Catholic Syrian Bank
- Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank
- Corporation Bank
- Greater Bombay Bank
- A P Mahesh Co-operative Bank
- Punjab National Bank
- IndusInd Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- State Bank of Hyderabad
- State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur
- State Bank of Patiala
Scan to pay
This is by far the simplest mode of payment. Daily we scan so many QR codes to make transactions to various merchants and websites. So to get a similar experience in your credit card bill payments, follow through the steps defined here:
- First, you have to verify your ICICI Bank credit card number by entering it twice.
- Double-check the details and add the amount to be paid.
- Now click on the ‘Generate QR Code’ button.
- Now you have to just scan that code through any BHIM/ UPI app or mobile banking service.
- And make the payments through to the UPI application as you usually do.
That’s it, and you’re done with the complete and secure payment of your bills in minutes. You will also receive a transaction number along with the confirmation.
With a hectic schedule of daily life, one cannot remember each and everything. If you are one of those who have multiple credit cards or are too stressed to remember the due date of your credit card payment, this facility is your lifesaver.
By using the auto-debit/autopay facility available for the ICICI bank account holders, you can schedule the due dates, and the minimum amount due will automatically be debited from your account to pay the credit card bills. As if the bank remembers the dates for you.
But the condition is that the savings account should belong to one single customer, and if it’s a joint one, there should be ‘one’ or ‘either’ signing directive.
The Traditional Way (Offline)
Everyone cannot use online transactions and payment services every time. ICICI Bank also offers a variety of offline methods also, so that you are never late in completing your bills.
Use Debit Card for Credit Card Payments
Yes, you can make bill payments of your credit card by using your debit card also. Just follow the steps if you have an ICICI bank debit card:
- Visit any nearby ICICI Bank ATM and swipe through.
- Click on the ‘More Options’ tab.
- There you will have the option of ‘Pay Credit-Card Bill.’
- Fill up the amount that you need to pay.
- And now you can “Proceed for Payment.”
It’s that simple. The amount that you entered is debited from the linked current/savings account, and the bill of your credit card will be paid automatically.
Although cash payments are a bit risky, it’s never a no. You can just visit the closest branch of ICICI Bank with cash and complete the payment procedures for your credit card bill through cash. But keep in mind that you have to pay a service charge fee of Rs. 100 every time you pay by cash.
And if you are going for the cash deposit, make sure you complete the procedures at least a day before the due date of your credit card payment.
Also Read: 10 Best Demat and Trading Account in India
Call to pay
If you do not have any problem talking to an IVR, you can make your payment through the “Call to Pay” facility also. Just call on the number 1860 120 7777 and go behind all the instructions provided by the IVR. And your payment will be made through your ICICI bank debit card. By using this facility, the transactions will be reflected in your account straight away.
Regular Methods, i.e., Drafts/Cheques
You can also so pay the bill of your ICICI Bank credit card using the traditional method, either by cheque or draft through an ATM Dropbox or by visiting the nearest ICICI bank.
For payment through cheque, you have to address your cheque to the 15/16 digit credit card number of ICICI Bank. Also, don’t forget to write your name along with your mobile number on the backside of your cheque.
Doesn’t matter online or offline, you should pay your credit card bills on time. The motive of providing so many different modes of transactions by ICICI bank is to help the customers in the payment of their credit cards and make this process easy and stress-free.