The Department of Commerce, School of Management of Pondicherry University had organized two International Conferences on Micro Finance during January 2008 and January 2009 with a different focus.
These conferences provided insights on the microfinance sector and the need for bringing researchers and practitioners under one roof to discuss ways for improvements and sustainability of microfinance for community development. These conferences were supported by NABARD, SIDBI, Indian Overseas Bank, and other Micro Finance Institutions.
Department of Commerce, Pondicherry University has decided to hold this meet of researchers and practitioners every year in the month of January to deliberate on developments in the microfinance industry and help the researchers and policymakers to reorient the research and policy depending upon their needs.
The Third International Conference on Micro Finance would be held for three days from 22-24 January 2010 as a step towards making Pondicherry University a World Forum for Micro Finance.
Everybody is invited to participate in this event and contribute to the development of the microfinance sector in India.
The Conference Topics are:
- Inclusive Growth and Micro Finance
- Deepening Micro Finance
- Social Performance Measurement/Social Empowerment and impact assessment on microfinance initiative
- Poverty Measurement Tools
- New Products and Market Segments in Micro Finance
- Micro Finance Regulation
- Capacity Building and Commitment Building of all players of the microfinance industry
- Integration of all players of Microfinance Industry
- Media Campaign for Rural Development
- Financial Risk on the Micro Finance Sector
- The topics are not restricted to the above but you are welcome to submit a research paper on any other areas of microfinance which may be of results from research or theoretical derivations.
To provide a forum of economists and socialists to address the issues relating to microfinance.
To evolve strategies to eradicate poverty in India and at Globe
To collaborate with National and International Research centers on Micro Finance.
To take education to the field and to promote people’s participation in eradicating poverty through microfinance.
To involve the administrators, policymakers, NGOs, and the public concerned in the adoption of sound policies, this would create economically stable and financially healthy India.
To make Pondicherry University as a centre of World Forum for Micro Finance.
Registration Form and Registration Fee Details