The Department of Commerce, School of Management of Pondicherry University has so far organized three International Conferences on Micro Finance during January 2008, January 2009 and January 2010 with a different focus.These conferences were organised with the support of NABARD, IFMR, SIDBI, Indian Overseas Bank and other Micro Finance Institutions.
Dr. K. G. Karmakar (MD- NABARD), Shri. S. A. Bhat (CMD-IOB), Shri.Soundarajan (CMD-IB) Mr. Malcolm Harper, Mr. Aloysius Fernandez (ED- MYRADA), Mrs. Vijayalakshmidas (CEO -FWWB), Dr. Gouri Shankar (Director – Standard Chartered Bank), and Mr. Baskaran (CEO- IIBF) were the notable experts who attended these conferences.
4th International Conference on Microfinance – Pondichery
The Fourth International conference on Micro Finance will be held for three days at Pondicherry University during 27-29 January 2011 as a step towards making Pondicherry University a World Forum for Micro Finance.
The focus or theme of this conference is Financial Literacy and Financial Inclusion to highlight the fact that, financial literacy program is necessitated to for efficient financial inclusion for inclusive growth; not only the micro credit as it was stressed so long.
The conference organizers will also be conducting a Special Training Program for MFI’s and NGO’s – Click here
International Conference on Microfinance Aims
- To provide a forum of economists and socialists to address the issues relating to micro finance and financial inclusion.
- To evolve strategies to eradicate poverty through micro finance, financial Inclusion in India and at Globe
- To collaborate with National and International Research centers on Micro Finance.
- To take education to the field and to promote people’s participation in eradicating the poverty through micro finance.
- To involve the administrators, policy makers, NGO’s and the public concerned in the adoption of sound policies, this would create economically stable and financially healthy India.
- To make Pondicherry University as a centre of World Forum for Micro Finance.