Hootsuite is a fantastic tool that helps manage multiple social networking sites, and it also aids in making connections with customers. As a result, it has become one of the most well-known social media management tools for small business marketers.
The primary reason why people need these tools like Hootsuite is that users are no longer using a single social network; instead, they are making an appearance everywhere, such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc. For making a regular presence on every social media platform, you need different methods to reach out to various demographics across these channels.
With the help of Hootsuite and its alternatives, you can handle multiple social media accounts, business pages, and profiles from its comprehensive user interface. Hootsuite is a great platform, but if you want to review other platforms as well, then we have created a list of top Hootsuite alternatives so that you can select the best one for yourself.
Before we study more about Hootsuite and its alternatives, let us briefly know about social media management and its benefits.
What is social media management?
Social Media Management tools like Hootsuite assists you with your brands’ social media appearance. The significant benefit of it is that it combines all your online profiles into one user interface from multiple social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
These tools help curate the content and formulate it in a content library. You can manage various social media activities like-
- Schedule post on content calendars
- Provides you with analytics and forecasting
- Engage with fans and followers in one dashboard
- Also offer automation tools, analytics, and social listening features
- It streamlines planning, designing, scheduling, and publishing your marketing content
Social media management is a core of online digital marketing. Whether you want to increase brand awareness or run an e-commerce store, social media platforms are the best place to be.
What are the skills that are required to become a Social Media Manager?
You are never done with learning if you are working in social marketing. Social media managers need to evolve continuously as there are constant changes in this field. You would have to be accustomed to the latest trends and strategies.
As a social media person, you need to have specific skills such as creativity, good communication skills, writing, management, and organizing skills. It would help if he also has:
- Designing skills
- Is a copywriter
- Customer Service Representative at times
You need an excellent social management tool to manage everything, be it Hootsuite or any other best Hootsuite alternative.
Things to consider before buying any social media management tool
Social media management is not just about uploading the content a few times a week, checking the comments, and replying. If companies could earn money by just posting content, then things would have been pretty straightforward and simple. It is more like art and science where you need to use facts and creativity.
Here are a few things that you should look for before investing in a social media management tool:
1) Connecting your Social Networks- One of the most significant features of any social media management tool is connecting the social networks and publishing the content to multiple networks. As you would not have to switch tabs and log in and log out every now and then. Thus, it is paramount for you to check how many social media accounts per network the tool permits.
2) Scheduling Content- Check this feature without fail as it helps save your time and makes you more strategic with content posting. Choose a tool that can directly schedule your content on various networks without any intricate method. Also, look for other features such as repeating posts, creating campaigns, recycling your content, queuing content, etc.
3) Monitoring & Engaging- You should search for a tool that assists you well in monitoring, engaging, sorting, and replying to customers in a single window on multiple social networks. It would not look good if someone asks you a question on any business page, and you say I will get back to you in a minute or so. The response should be quick; hence opt for the tool that renders you an all-in-one social inbox.
4) Analyzing & Reporting- Choose a platform where you can get weekly monthly and yearly reports. An organization needs informed data for getting better results and making strategic decisions. Also, always see if the tool you are selecting has easy reporting or not. Some of the things that you would need data on are:
- Number of posts on each social network
- Visibility & reach
- Likes, reactions, or comments
These are the basics and if you want more detailed reports, then hunt for a tool that can provide you with detailed white-labeled reports. All you would be required to do is download the report, check the data, and make the strategies accordingly.
5) Budget– The tool you select would also depend on your budget. Therefore, you can check the best Hootsuite alternatives for social media management for your company, compare the price and features, and pick the best one.
6) Customer Support- Most importantly, do not forget to check the customer support of the tool as if they have bad reviews on customer support, then do not opt for that platform as in future whenever you face any problem it would become a trouble for you to get assistance.
This was about the social media management tools; now, let us know about the various options available starting from Hootsuite.
Also Read: 23 Best CPA Networks for Beginners
There are many good things about this platform, and the most interesting one is that they offer a free version as well, and they have a very less upgrade fee of $29 a month. Some of the excellent features that you can get with Hootsuite are-
- It has a single dashboard with an accessible web interface to control multiple social media accounts.
- Hootsuite offers bulk scheduling features to make the social media presence active and works on time management in an individual’s life.
- It provides you with a simple real-time analytics and timeline maintenance property.
- You do not need any additional installations with it.
- Content curation aids in sharing fascinating social media pictures
- For a quick response system monitoring the content is the best technique
- It gets upgraded with the latest features every month
It has an excellent dashboard that is pretty easy to use. It is a popular power scheduling board that helps the enterprise with the content in one screen view. You would be amazed to know that you can operate all the social media accounts such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, etc. can be operated on a single workspace without any technical glitch.
The shocking part is that lately, Hootsuite has been playing around with its pricing plans. But, the good part is that they come with a free 30-day trial, and you can choose any plan once the trial is over. The prices of the plans vary as they have different discounts available every now and then.
The basic plan starts from $29 a month and goes up to $599 per month.
They have four plans:
- Professional: It is best for 10 profiles and 1 user. It starts at $29 a month, in which you get unlimited scheduling.
- Teams: This plan is for 20 social profiles and 3 users. This plan costs you $129 per month, along with unlimited scheduling.
- Business: It is for 35 social profiles and 5-10 users. This one is for $599 per month.
- Enterprise: In this plan, you can get custom solutions as per your requirements, and they would charge you accordingly.
It is a great social media tool and has some amazing features that are worth mentioning, such as-
- It links multiple social networks like Facebook (groups & pages), Twitter, LinkedIn (profiles & pages), Instagram, YouTube, & Pinterest.
- Economical with safe work processes
- You get a free plan for almost 90 days.
- With the help of Hootsuite, you can also do the auto-schedule posting of content
- Can collaborate with your team easily
- Time-saving attributes
- It comes with analytics & reporting features
- Easy to understand
Along with the benefits comes a few drawbacks as well; let us understand the limitations of Hootsuite-
- It does not support Google My Business.
- Training is relatively expensive as you would have to pay around $21 per month.
- Their free plan comes with a lot of restrictions.
- Users should be computer savvy to understand this tool.
Top Hootsuite Alternatives
There is a lot of competition as there are numerous social media management tools `that claim to be the same. Therefore, you might get confused as to which one to choose as per your business requirements.
Here is a list of some of the best Hootsuite alternatives that you can use to replace Hootsuite:
If you are looking for an easy-to-use platform, then this one can be the best choice for you. It is a could-based social media management tool that comes with a social inbox where you get all the conversations and has flexible scheduling options. You can also sync all your social media accounts in real-time, plus get all the updates about the comments and likes. Some of its key features are:
- Unified inbox to view, reply, and assign comments
- Automated inbox assistant
- Compatible with Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Contact profile data
- Comment moderation
- Evergreen automatic reposting
- Scheduling tools
- Shared calendar with clients
- Hashtag and keyword monitoring
- Audience insights
- Visual calendar
- Chrome extension
- Follower profiling
It comes with four plans:
- Medium – $99.00 per month; it is billed annually for 2 users with 10 profiles.
- Large – $199.00 per month, it is billed annually for 4 users with 25 profiles.
- X-Large – $299.00 per month; it is billed annually for 8 users with 40 profiles.
- Enterprise – $499.00 per month, it is billed annually for 20 users with 60 profiles.
They render free plans for 28 days. If you do not like the plan, you can ask for a full refund and cancel your plan.
- Great reporting feature.
- The team collaboration function is beneficial.
- Bulk post uploading
- Team collaboration tools
- It doesn’t support video publishing on LinkedIn
- Sometimes there is trouble uploading images on Facebook groups. AgoraPulse is best recommended for large teams &businesses, content marketing companies, SMB’s and agencies.
Also Read: 14 Ways To Earn Money From YouTube
It is a cloud-based social media management tool that helps increase and manage multiple brands on social media, collaborating to engage and streamlining planning processes. It can also be said to be a centralized hub that will keep an account of all the running processes. The best thing about this platform is its quality of services and exceptional user- experience.
- Offers a great Time Management system.
- Single Dashboard
- Aids in simplification of social media publication.
- Automatic Sentiment Analysis
- It lets you schedule the post time in less time.
- WordPress Integration
- Exceptional social media reporting in a single click
- White label reporting and interfaces
- You can also create custom reports.
- Content tailoring
- Increases the advertising of the indulged company.
- RSS feeds
- 360-degree brand and reputation building
- Canva Templates
- Brand monitoring with lead generation and customer engagement.
Sendible comes with 4 paid plans:
- Starter: It is $29 per month and offers 12 services for solo entrepreneurs
- Traction: It is $99 per month and provides 48 services for startup agencies
- Growth: It is $199 per month and renders 105 services for growing agencies
- Scale: This plan is for $299 a month, and you get 192 services for large teams
It comes with a 30-day free trial. If you do not like the plan, you can ask for a full refund and cancel your plan.
- Integrates well with all critical social networks and blogs
- User-friendly interface
- Reports that are embedded in the solution are intricate and valuable.
- It offers handy automation tools that boost engagement and raise your following on Twitter and Instagram.
- Its mobile app is available for both iOS and Android.
- No free plan
- System approval management could be simpler and quicker.
Sendible is recommended for agencies, brands, startups, small businesses, influencers, and digital marketing companies.
It is one of the best Hootsuite alternatives that enables the users to schedule social media posts across a wide range of social media sites, build and assign tasks to their team and trace the performance metrics in real-time. Thus, with the help of this platform, you would be able to quickly add your posts in the form of news, articles, photos, and videos irrespective of whether you are at home or office.
- Comprehensive feed for every social network
- Content Creation
- Free plan with 1 social account for a network up to 10 scheduled posts available
- Tailored posts
- Compatible with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Pinterest
- First Comment
- Users can re-buffer published posts
- Shop grid
- Content curation using RSS feeds
- Visual calendar
Buffer Publish has four plans:
- Free plan- In this plan, you get 3 social accounts for 1 user.
- Pro Plan- It is $12 a month and is billed yearly for 1 user with 8 social media accounts
- Premium Plan- It is $56 a month and is billed yearly for 2 users with 8 social media accounts
- Growth Plan- It is $85 a month and is billed yearly for 6 users with 25social media profiles.
Buffer Analyze comes with 2 pricing plans:
- Pro Plan- It is for $28 a month and is billed yearly, and you get 8 social media accounts.
- Premium Plan- It is for $40 a month and is billed yearly, and you get 10 social accounts and numerous advanced features
Buffer offers a 14-day free trial for publishing and analysis. If you do not like the plan, then you can ask for a full refund and cancel your plan.
- It helps in making excellent posts for all networks in one place.
- It makes the management work more manageable; there are various tutorials available.
- Shared calendars are available.
- It facilitates you to build your own images which have the perfect size and format for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
- Software’s reporting functionality is basic and requires to be more precise.
- It does not integrate with YouTube.
Buffer is best recommended for startups, individuals, team collaborations, small businesses, and social media marketing.
Also Read: 30 Ways To Make Money Online
It is a cloud-based social media management tool well-known for making social media management more accessible and effective. It facilitates the team to multiply the results with a simple scheme and less effort. The eclincher comes with a powerful all-in-one social media management dashboard that provides excellent features for effective implementation.
- Social CRM and reputation management via one inbox.
- Advanced publishing
- Content curation
- Auto publishing mode is present with smart queues and suggested content.
- Marketing automation
- Media library
- Monitoring and listening features with hashtags across Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Keyword tracking
- URL shortener
- Social media analytics
- Canva integration
- Built-in Visual marketing tool
It comes with 3 paid plans:
- Basic Plan- It is for $59 a month and is for 1 user with 10 social profiles
- Premier Plan- It is for $119 a month and is for 3 users with 20 social profiles
- Agency Plan- It is for $219 a month and is for 6 users with 40 social profiles
They also offer a 14-day trial period. After that, you can take a full refund if you do not like the services.
- It has an excellent publishing feature with social CRM
- The clincher is affordable and best suited for larger organizations
- Its’ perfect publishing feature with social CRM is very effective
- Their customer service team is responsive and efficient
- The product interface is slightly outdated
- Its learning curve is relatively slower.
The clincher is best recommended for startups, individuals, team collaboration, social media marketing, and SMBs.
It is a simple social media marketing and scheduling tool that is best for publishing, engagement, and analytics. It offers a single interface for managing more than 200 social media profiles. It is one of the top Hootsuite alternatives as it is more potent than Hootsuite, plus it also renders analytics and tracking reports in an easy-to-understand format.
- Social inbox
- It can help connect more than 100 accounts and schedule their post with better productivity.
- Team collaboration and client management
- Facebook Ads tools
- All the conversations are handled diligently
- Social media analytics and reporting
- Social media analytics and reporting
- It can upload around 500 posts with bulk scheduling features
- 24×5 Support available via calls, emails, live chat, and social media
- Content curation
- Helpful in creating a quick response
- Canva integration to help you create images on-the-spot
- RSS Feeds
It has four paid plans:
- Agency: It is for $25 a month, and you get 100 social media accounts
- Small Team: It is for $41.66 a month, and you get 50 social media accounts
- Professional: It is for $83.33 a month, and you get 25 social media accounts
- Enterprise: This plan has a white label set up with the best of plans. You can customize the plan, and you will be charged accordingly.
There is a 14 day trial period, and the best part is that you need not enter your credit card details for applying.
- Team collaboration functionality is beneficial
- Economical pricing
- Advance post scheduling efficiently, schedule videos, album & carousel posts, add CTAs, and much more.
Subscribe to Moneymint Weekly
Every Sunday we email people like you with top tips, insights and opportunities to manage your finances and build your online business. No hype, no scams, no fake gurus. Sign up below to get the next one.
- Reports that they provide are not in detail.
- It cannot post messages to Facebook groups.
SocialPilot is best recommended for small teams, individuals, digital marketing, small businesses, and social media marketing.
This tool aids social businesses to grow. It facilitates you with powerful features and also offers analytics and reporting. It also enables you to make presentation-ready reports with simplified analytics exported to PDF or a CSV format.
It comes with a clean dashboard for scaling your social media marketing efforts in a planned way. The best part is that it enables you to demarcate workload by assigning it to different SMM tasks to your team members.
Sprout Social Features:
- On-boarding toolset
- Profiles, keywords, and locations are monitored efficiently
- Social inbox
- Social media marketing tools
- It offers features to plan seamlessly, build, and operate the proposed task.
- Custom automated workflows
- Collaboration and performance analysis features
- Chatbot builder
- Effective automation tool
- Social CRM
- Administers the tagging system
- Publishing and scheduling tools
- Competitor analytics
- Review management aids in the improved configuration of the system
It comes with three exclusive paid plans:
- Standard: This plan costs $99 a month for 1 user and 5 social profiles
- Professional: This plan costs $149 a month for 1 user and 10 social profiles
- Advanced: This plan costs $249 a month for 1 user and 10 social profiles, but you get a lot of advanced features with this plan.
It comes with a 30-day free trial, and if you are not satisfied with the services, they provide you with a total refund.
- Social Listening
- It enables you to add customized logos to the analytics reports, which is beneficial for agencies who require submitting these reports to their clients.
- Highly influential social CRM tools
- Mobile Apps
- It also comes with a URL shortener
- Sprout Social does not support the management of Facebook groups, LinkedIn groups, or Pinterest.
Sprout Social is recommended for startups, enterprises, marketing teams, SMBs, higher education, and large non-profits.
Also Read: Top 35 Affiliate Marketing Agencies
It was previously named TweetLater, but after a couple of years, it changed to SocialOomph. It is one of the best Hootsuite alternatives for Social Media Management. This tool is best for social post scheduling and raising productivity solutions by effective management of Twitter. SocialOomph offers numerous features that can help boost productivity. The reason why people like this tool is because it’s straightforward and effortless to navigate UI.
- Social media scheduling
- Webhooks helps fin automatically create social and blog posts
- Keyword searches
- Team collaboration
- It adds the tags automatically at economical prices
- Digital Marketing (DM) inbox clean-up
- RSS Feeds
- It offers you with Auto direct message and follows back feature
- Tracking mentions and retweets
- IFTTT tools
- Lets you create an excellent blog post with the auto-publishing property
- Tweet via mail
- Post-flood control
It comes with four paid plans:
- Personal Suite: It is free to use and is for 1 social profile
- Advanced Suite: This plan costs $15 for a month and $162 annually.
- Professional Suite: This plan costs $25 per month and $270 annually.
- Business Suite: This plan costs $55 per month and $594 annually.
They have a 30-day free trial. You can ask for a full refund if you do not like their services.
- You can manage unlimited accounts with their free plan
- Bulk uploading
- Helps in the partition of client data with team attributes and tags
- Through their advanced DM management, you stay clear of spam
- Various advanced features of SocialOomph are only meant for Twitter
This platform is best recommended for bloggers, startups, individuals, small businesses, and agencies.
8) Cision Social Edition (Formerly ViralHeat)
It is another great SMM solution that facilitates you to trace all your conversations across a massive range of social networking sites by building intelligent streams. The best thing about this platform is that you would be able to identify trends and analyze and review them for making better decisions for your site, business, product, or blog.
- It has the ability to capture the relevant data across all your social channels
- Enables you to interact with your audience in real-time
- Offers content for reference
- Content scheduling
- You can manage all your social media channels easily.
They have custom plans which means they charge you as per the features or services you select.
- You can manage Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, etc., through a single dashboard without any hassle.
- It notifies you about any new trend or crisis by customized emails
- With the help of ViralHeat, you can customize multiple social media accounts and various users
- Lacks transparency regarding price plans
- No free-trial period.
This tool is recommended for social and content marketers, startups, individuals, small businesses, agencies, and SMBs.
9) Zoho Social
It is another best Hootsuite alternative that takes social media publishing to a different level with its smart scheduling features. This tool was created keeping in mind the needs of agencies and businesses, assisting them in amplifying their presence on social media.
Zoho Social Features:
- Publishing Calendar
- Social Media Analytics
- Content queues
- Custom Reporting
- Bulk Schedule
- Smart Scheduling
- In-Line DMs
- Team Collaboration
- Chrome extension
It comes with 5 plans:
- Free plan- As the name suggests, there are no charges for this plan, and it is for 1 user and 1 social channel.
- Standard Plan- It costs $10 a month billed yearly. This plan is for 2 users with 1 brand*
- Professional Plan- It costs $25 a month billed yearly. This plan is for 3 users with 1 brand*
- Agency Plan- It costs $200 a month billed yearly. This plan is for 5 users with 10 brands*
- Agency Plus- It costs $300 a month billed yearly. This plan is for 5 users with 20 brands*
A brand here means one social media profile that can be utilized across all of Zoho Social’s 7 supported social media channels. EG: 1 brand = 7 social media accounts.
- They offer you with Listening dashboard
- You also get custom reports
- Mobile apps are also available for making its operation easy
- User-friendly Interface
- It helps develop posts and enables the automated publishing
- It has limited integrations.
- Sometimes Facebook and Twitter posts take time to load when created using Zoho.
Zoho Social is best recommended for individuals, startups, agencies, small businesses, and digital marketing.
It is a dashboard application that is best suited for managing Twitter accounts strategically. Twitter Inc. has acquired TweetDeck and integrated it into Twitter’s interface. As a result, this is one of the most powerful Twitter tools for real-time tracking and organizing to discover the best of Twitter.
- Twitter interface with customizable columns
- Offers best monitoring tools for Twitter accounts
- Multiple Twitter profile management
- Expert in scheduling and providing analytics of tweets
- Twitter activity monitoring tools
- Aids in tracking numerous accounts seamlessly
- Advanced searching and filtering tools
- Advanced trending tools
The good news is that it is free to use, which means anyone can use it without paying any charge.
- Advanced features for notifications
- You can also do Team Collaboration management
- Offers a separately defined LinkedIn column.
- TweetDeck also renders the ability to mark tweets as read whenever needed.
- It also gives security to the user’s content.
- You cannot schedule video posts.
- You would not be able to edit a post once it is scheduled.
TweetDeck is best recommended for startups, individuals, startups, and Twitter accounts.
Also Read: 120 Best Affiliate Programs
It is a social management tool that renders solutions for scheduling and managing content for automated publishing. The good part about this tool is that it keeps your social calendar evergreen, plus it is very time-saving and easy to use.
- You can recycle old content
- Organized library
- URL shortener
- Auto refill queue
- In-app tracker
- Account Management
- Engagement Monitoring
Their plan begins from $19 a month for 3 users with 10 weekly automation. Another plan of MeetEdgar is for $49, and both the plans have a 7-day free trial period.
- Schedule posts for multiple networks
- They provide you with the ability to assign time slots for random content
- RSS feed integration
- You can keep a library of your most popular content and assign them categories. You can also give them different time slots throughout the week.
- You would not be able to use multiple photos for a single Facebook post
- Photo resolution will be shrunk down to mobile-friendly resolutions.
MeetEdgar is best recommended for entrepreneurs, agencies, individuals, and small businesses.
It is an excellent social media scheduling tool where you can plan, analyze and publish your content in just a few clicks. It is an all-in-one social marketing plan and is considered to be one of the top Hootsuite alternatives. They started this platform so that the users can save time, plus it can aid their businesses to flourish.
- Media Library
- Schedule Posts
- Team Collaboration tools
- First comments
- Unified Dashboard
- Drag and Drop calendar
- Post previews
- Hashtag help
- Instagram story creators
It comes with four plans:
- Free plan- In the free plan, you get 1 user with 1 social set*
- Starter plan- This plan costs $7.50 a month billed yearly. It is for 1 user with 1 social set*
- Growth plan- This plan costs $12.50 a month billed yearly. It is for 3 users with 1 social set*
- Advanced plan- This plan costs $25 a month billed yearly. It is for 6 users with 1 social set*
Here social set means 1 social profile across all supported social media platforms.
- Chrome extension
- East to use
- Analytics options
- Story scheduling
- Auto reposting user-uploaded content
- Relatively fewer features for Facebook and Twitter.
This tool is best recommended for influencers, individuals, SMBs, startups, and digital marketing.
This social media platform enables you to operate all the functions related to marketing from a unified platform. It makes scheduling posts and keeping track of your content calendar pretty easy. Coschedule is a tool that can solve more problems than one with its exclusive features.
- Automatic notifications
- Document Management
- Campaign management
- Task Management
- Campaign analysis
- Content management
- Mobile Access
- Third-party integrations
- Custom branding
- Reporting and statistics
Its plan starts from $29 a month for a single user, and its top plan is for 10 users. Unfortunately, they do not offer any free trial.
- Better implement approval procedures
- It also creates read-only calendars for stakeholders.
- You would be able to present your content in one centralized place quickly visually.
- Offer you the benefit of customizing your calendar settings
- Task templates, when updated, are not retroactive,
- At times Coschedule seems sluggish
This platform is best recommended for marketing teams, small teams, and organizations looking for an inexpensive project management tool.
Comparison of Hootsuite Competitors
|Features||Free Trial||Pricing Starting from||Integration Property (total no. of apps)||Our Ratings||Suitable for Pinterest or Instagram|
|Buffer||7 to 14 days||$15||Good||4||Both|
|TweetDeck||Forever free||FREE||Moderate||4||Only Twitter|
|SproutSocial||30 days||$99||Very Good||5||Both|